Planning Obligations Manager
WE’RE THINKING SMARTER – ARE YOU?
At Oxfordshire County Council, we’re on a fascinating growth trajectory that is unmatchable in sheer scale and inventiveness. Proposing to transform transport, connectivity, infrastructure and housing within the county, the initial investments have been bolstered by the private sector and central government, producing a pot worth £multi-millions. And we want you to help us oversee this thrilling venture.
It’s an epic challenge, but is one that we are excited to get cracking with. Expected to last until 2031, we are looking for people who are in it for the long-term. People who will help us deliver innovative results that will support every individual and ensure a thriving economy. And with plans ranging from building 100,000 new homes to creating roads, schools and the enterprises needed to connect these economies, we’re confident that you will excel in this unparalleled opportunity.
With partnerships worth £millions in the mix, we are seeking a bold leader to guide the Planning Obligations Team, ensuring developer-funding agreements are being carefully administered and monitored. Committed to supporting growth across the county, you will ensure financial contributions are being actively and efficiently managed, and that the team are aware of their legislative responsibilities. Fostering a culture of openness and friendly support, you’ll ensure the team love their jobs as much as you do.
This is a financial management role with a difference. While you will be responsible for implementing standardised processes to ensure the team's records fully reconcile with the Council's corporate financial systems, you will be directly contributing to the wellbeing of the local population. Crucially, we’ll encourage you to think smarter, using your data management skills to not only balance the books, but to deliver a knockout customer service to the developers and their agents who will be in daily contact with you.
At the cutting edge of financial management, you will ensure our partnerships are robust and our processes are flawless. You will therefore thrive in this team if you:
- Have an unwavering eye for detail.
- Can deliver important information in a succinct and user-friendly format. You will therefore have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and you will be customer-focussed.
- Have a high level of financial and data-holding acumen, ideally supported by a relevant qualification.
- Are proficient in Excel, SAP or any other data and finance-handling tools
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 12 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 13, you will have a substantial body of experience in the field, while Grade 14 candidates will be comfortable handling high-value service contracts and operating in an environment with risks to safety and reputation. You will also need a management qualification or management experience and will be capable of engaging in industry at a regional or national level.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Administration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Finance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford