Planning Obligations Team Member
BE SMART, SHAPE THE FUTURE OF YOUR CAREER
When organisations say they’re innovative, they probably mean it. But when we say Oxfordshire County Council is innovative, we really mean it. Our people are smart – and we’ve found clever ways to maximise the £millions investment in transport, connectivity, housing and infrastructure over the coming years. Having negotiated a huge array of ground-breaking development opportunities with private sector partners and central government, our investment pot has swollen significantly – to the tune of £multi-millions.
Let’s talk facts. By 2031, we will have created 100,000 new homes – plus the roads and infrastructure needed to supplement this project. Oxford will also be the UK’s first Zero Emission City, with plans for a railway connecting Oxford to Cambridge, and a country-wide cycle lane network. These are industry-leading opportunities that will take your career into the next decade.
From the first glimmer of an idea to the final completion of the project, you will witness first-hand the exciting developments currently taking place in Oxfordshire – and you’ll put your career on a stratospheric trajectory in the process. Working across the team on a variety of forward-thinking challenges, you will support developers, strategy colleagues and district councils to bring proposals to life – putting you right at the heart of our ambitious growth agenda.
Providing support to multidisciplinary colleagues, you will monitor compliance, ensure targets are being met, and promote clear and open communication. If you’ve got a can-do attitude, the capacity to think smarter and a willingness to learn, you’re bound to fly in our team.We’ll sharpen up your skills in report-writing and you will develop high-quality map and presentation skills. You will also be a key part of project meetings where schemes are being developed – so you’ll have the chance to make your mark on the future face of Oxfordshire.
There’s no better place to cut your teeth than with our talented Planning & Engineering team. You will therefore excel with us if you:
- Have local government experience (minimum 1 year) or you are educated to level 2 NVQ standard, or equivalent. You will also have a minimum of grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
- Are able to interpret maps, plans, drawings and schedules, and you can understand planning legislation and legal documents.
- Have the capacity to collect data and analyse it, presenting your results using IT packages such as Word and Excel.
- Have experience of planning schemes and projects.
- Are a team-player with knockout verbal and written communication skills.
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 7 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 8, you will also have an appropriate technical qualification with the capacity to manage confrontational situations, while Grade 9 candidates will have a minimum of five years’ experience in the field.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Environment Project Manager £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Project Manager £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Project Manager £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Planning Project Manager £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Oxford