Growth Manager Central
DARE TO INSPIRE – THINK SMARTER
If you are looking for a large-scale challenge – almost certainly larger than anything you will have been involved in before – then this role at Oxfordshire County Council may be precisely what you’re seeking. Currently in the midst of a bold venture to create 100,000 new homes, re-shape infrastructure and devise transport solutions that will make electric cars the norm, we have a £multi-million investment plan in place that will transform Oxfordshire’s potential.
Due to innovative joint-initiatives between the private and the public sector, this scheme is expected to run until at least 2031, providing an unparalleled opportunity to immerse yourself in the heart of a county -wide challenge. And as the UK’s 12th fastest-growing city, it’s a challenge that we are determined to deliver. Join us, and you could be central to this fascinating work.
Joining the Planning and Growth Division, you will oversee a range of transportation planning functions that will elevate Oxfordshire to a visionary and forward-thinking county. With a team of 19 dynamic staff looking to you for guidance, you will set priorities and allocate resources across a range of challenges such as Special Transportation Projects and the need to develop new public transport routes.
Partnership-working is important to us, so you will excel here if you can coordinate your plans with a broad array of initiatives such as the infrastructure elements of Oxfordshire’s Housing Growth Fund, ensuring all stakeholders and contractors are on board and working together. You will also be tasked developing with our partners the UK’s first Zero Emission City in Oxford – so your project management capabilities will need to be top-notch.
With projects worth £millions relying on your clear vision, this is position that requires broad knowledge and excellent management capabilities. Ensuring Oxfordshire achieves the future it deserves, you will thrive if you:
- Have significant experience in planning, engineering or waste, with a relevant qualification and membership of a professional body. You will also have a good understanding of high risk technical disciplines.
- Are comfortable working with senior colleagues, forging partnerships to maintain the progress of projects.
- Have experience of leading a team on a regional or national scale in a similar organisation.
- Enjoy developing policies and strategies that achieve great results.
- Have exceptional financial and business acumen.
- Can develop and lead people – so you will need exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- Are commercially-focussed, with great resilience and drive and the capacity to make effective decisions.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com/ to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Corporate Management Team Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Business Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Planning Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Oxford