OxCam Corridor Co-ordinator
THINK BIG, THINK SMART
A visionary programme of partnership working is underway at Oxfordshire County Council. Having encouraged private sector investors and central government to get on board with our bold growth agenda. We have multi-millions to spend on cutting-edge infrastructure and transport initiatives to support the delivery of 100,000 new homes. And you could be at the heart of this work.
Leading on strategic planning and infrastructure partnerships across the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, your capacity to act as the bridge between partner organisations will ensure better outcomes. You’ll review how national policy changes will impact on the corridor, and you will coordinate consultation responses and partnership-working with main stakeholders. As the day-to-day strategy contact for the ambitious Oxford to Cambridge Expressway, this a truly unique and career-defining role.
With millions at stake, we need to be sure that our service delivery is in line with legislative requirements, plus council policies and priorities. We’re on a mission to enhance Oxfordshire – and with you by our side, that vision just became a reality. Quite simply, your expert knowledge and ability to mentor colleagues will take us to the next level of capability.
You’ll be there every step of the way as you guide stakeholders, challenging them to think better, brighter and smarter. Delegating workloads and allocating resources, you will be a font of information, sharing knowledge through accurate, timely and pertinent reports. Encouraging the team to work together, your ability to maintain open channels of communication will ensure effective decisions are being made. With your projects impacting on thousands of lives, you will have a keen awareness of every single penny in your budget – because high-quality assets and money well spent equate to a happier local community.
With a clear commercial and customer focus, you will be the perfect addition to our Planning & Engineering team if you:
- Have a significant degree of experience in a local government role.
- Are comfortable working in a public consultation capacity, with the interpersonal skills required to back this up.
- Have a good knowledge of transport issues, with the ability to mentor and guide stakeholders in the fascinating challenges presented by the sector.
- Are professionally qualified (to degree-standard or the equivalent of level 6).
- Enjoy working in partnership with people across all disciplines.
- Are committed to delivering excellence. You will therefore need exceptional organisational skills with the ability to make effective decisions.
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 12 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 13, you will ideally have membership of a professional body, with an appropriate level of experience.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com/ to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Business Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Planning Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford