Road Agreements Team Leader
BE SMART, DRIVE THE FUTURE OF OXFORDSHIRE’S ROADS
Partnership working is central to everything that we do at Oxfordshire Country Council. Committed to meeting the future requirements of our 161,000 residents, we are thinking bigger, bolder and better about what our local communities need to really thrive. The answer is new housing, creative transport solutions and re-imagined infrastructure – all of which will be developed due to £multi-million investments between joint private and public sector initiatives.
This growth enterprise is already well underway. By 2031, we will have created 100,000 new homes, and the 2,785 miles of road that currently exist will be further supported by innovative projects such as a Zero-Emission Zone in Oxford City Centre and readily available electric vehicle charging points. You could be at the heart of this work, leading a team of Engineers as you assess the suitability and compliance of complex highway engineering designs. Supporting major and strategic development sites, you will ensure that layouts of new roads and changes to existing highways aren’t just fit for purpose – they’re world-leading.
Our vision at Oxfordshire County Council is to create a region that doesn’t just meet the needs of its population – it exceeds their expectations. Our talented colleagues are working collaboratively to deliver this ambition, but in order to ensure these challenges go the extra mile, we need visionary Team Leaders to help our people meet their targets. Individuals who are meticulously organised and who have the drive, ambition and capacity to think smarter – people just like you.
You will be responsible for the daily management of your team, motivating them to ensure high-quality, value-for-money results are being achieved on time and within budget. Sharing your expert engineering knowledge, you will inspire a culture based on respect – and you will ensure your team are being fully developed. You’ll see to it that we are meeting our legislative requirements, and you will adopt an open approach to communication. Overseeing reporting to ensure every stakeholder is on the same page, you will be the innovator who keeps projects on track. This is a career-defining challenge. And with your input, it is one that will have a major impact on Oxfordshire’s future connectivity.
Leading and developing the team within our dynamic Planning & Engineering department, you will thrive with us if you:
- Have a genuine passion for delivering customer and commercially-focussed results.
- Have significant management-level experience in engineering, backed-up by good legislative knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of current developments in the field.
- Have a sound understanding of the Highways Act and infrastructure planning processes.
- Love working in partnership with people, and you have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Have solid planning and project management capabilities. You will also be comfortable working in a period of change, adapting team priorities depending on the current needs of your projects.
- Are an effective decision-maker, with good capital and revenue budgetary management skills.
- Have a management qualification or a degree (though equivalent experience would be acceptable if you don’t have either of these).
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 15 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 16, you will also have a good understanding of all related high-risk technical disciplines, and you will be comfortable representing the authority in a legal environment such as a Crown Court or a public inquiry.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com/ to find out more and to apply.
Closing day: 9th December
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Corporate Management Team Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Legal Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Highways Team Leader £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Oxford