Local Transport Policy Lead
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – WHERE SMARTER THINKING IS THE NORM
Define your true potential with Oxfordshire County Council. Between now and 2031, we are reimagining the potential of this incredible county . As one of the most productive economies outside of London (generating more than £7billion gross each year), we have more jobs than residents – and the scope to keep developing. We are therefore investing £millions in infrastructure, housing, transport and connectivity – while private sector and central government investments are catapulting this into £multi-million territory.
Our Infrastructure Strategy Team will be central to this challenge, and it is here that you could explore what you’re really capable of. Leading transport policy and strategy development, you will manage the renewal and updating of the Oxfordshire Local Transport Plan – exploring ways in which we can do things even better – and taking your career to new heights in the process.
With millions at stake, we need to be sure that our service delivery is in line with legislative requirements, plus council policies and priorities. We’re on a mission to enhance Oxfordshire – and with you by our side, that vision just became a reality. Quite simply, your expert knowledge and ability to mentor colleagues will take us to the next level of capability.
You’ll be there every step of the way as you guide stakeholders, challenging them to think better, brighter and smarter. Delegating workloads and allocating resources, you will be a font of information, sharing knowledge through accurate, timely and pertinent reports. Encouraging the team to work together, your ability to maintain open channels of communication will ensure effective decisions are being made. With your projects impacting on thousands of lives, you will have a keen awareness of every single penny in your budget – because high-quality assets and money well spent equate to a happier local community.
With a clear commercial and customer focus, you will be the perfect addition to our Planning & Engineering team if you:
- Have a significant degree of experience in a local government role.
- Are comfortable working in a public consultation capacity, with the interpersonal skills required to back this up.
- Have a good knowledge of transport issues, with the ability to mentor and guide stakeholders in the fascinating challenges presented by the sector.
- Are professionally qualified (to degree-standard or the equivalent of level 6).
- Enjoy working in partnership with people across all disciplines.
- Are committed to delivering excellence. You will therefore need exceptional organisational skills with the ability to make effective decisions.
- The above requirements relate to a Grade 12 role. If you would like to apply for Grade 13, you will ideally have membership of a professional body, with an appropriate level of experience.
Take the next step in your career.
Visit www.thehomeofsmarterthinking.com to find out more and to apply.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Procurement Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Environment Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Transport Planning Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford
- Regeneration and Local Economies Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Oxford