Senior/Principal Highway Network Management Officer
These are exciting times in Bristol, as there is considerable investment in its transport and highway infrastructure in recent years, and continues to see investment from the Government, third party Stakeholders, and Statutory Undertakers. Any investment in the highway network or the plethora of services that run beneath it, brings the challenge of ensuring the network continues to run as smoothly as possible, during potentially disruptive works.
With a proven record of working in a Network Management role covering the areas of streetworks, roadworks, temporary events, and works coordination, you will work closely with other areas within the Council’s Transport Service, to ensure projects and promoted works are carried out with minimal highway disruption.
The role will require excellent written and verbal communication skills with the public, stakeholders, and work colleagues; extensive knowledge of highway related legislation, the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems, and a sound understanding of the operation of transport networks. Further training and development opportunities will be offered as required.
You will have:
- Substantial experience of working in a Network Management or highway related role
- Proven track record of delivering solutions to complex Network Management issues
- Experience of delivering event related Traffic Management Plans and solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of Highway Networks and operations
- Experience of construction/highway projects
- Substantial knowledge of highway related legislation e.g. Road Traffic Regulation Act
- Understanding of streetworks and streetwork legislation e.g. New Roads and Streetworks Act, Traffic Management Act
- Experience of working towards the successful delivery of large events
- Holder of Streetworks Supervisors qualification (desirable)
Your main duties are:
- Ensure highway works are coordinated to reduce any conflict that may occur, leading to congestion & delays on the highway network
- Advise Works Promotors on possible suitable traffic management methods and working times, in order to minimise network disruption
- Work with Project Managers and Works Promotors to design out any conflict, with projects and works across the network
- Provide new projects with a working window in which to carry out on site works
- Assist with coordinating streetworks and roadwork's, alongside other Bristol City Council and third party projects
- Work with the Network Manager to monitor and develop new systems, to ensure an efficient Network Management service is maintained
- Investigate how technology, such as Elgin and Confirm applications, can be used to introduce efficiencies across the team
- Ensure works are coordinated and managed alongside Bristol’s varied events calendar
- Support Network Manager in fulfilling the requirements of the Traffic Management Act 2004
For further information regarding this post please contact Rob Davey on: 07710 395 972.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 1 January 2019.
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the City we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in City of Bristol
- Environment Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in City of Bristol
- Highways Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in City of Bristol
- Sustainability Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in City of Bristol
- Transport Planning Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in City of Bristol