Treasury and Pensions Manager
Location: Dennis Geffen Annexe, N1C 4DG
Salary: £44,612 - £51,751
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time, 36 hours per week
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion.
Click HERE for information on Camden’s flexible working options
We are seeking an innovative, highly skilled individual to provide expert advice on Treasury and Pensions issues. You will support the Head of Treasury and Financial Services, developing strategies to ensure our Treasury and Pension Fund functions are fit for purpose and implementing the latest thinking to continually improve services and drive our outcomes-based budgeting approach to deliver the best use of resources for the people of Camden.
You’ll oversee the operational issues aligned to Treasury and Pension Fund functions and ensure these are efficient, effective, and in-line with professional, legislative, and Council requirements. You will also write and present committee reports to inform strategic solutions and manage a small team to ensure the service meets key deliverables in-line with Senior Officer and Member requirements.
Alongside this, you will build effective and productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the Council including Members and Senior Directors as well as externally with Fund managers, advisers and other professionals, and empower your team to set aspirational objectives, flexibly managing critical services for the Council.
To be considered for this role you must be fully CIPFA (or equivalent) qualified and demonstrate your ability to build excellent relationships, effectively managing and engaging relevant officers with financial governance.
You will have expert Knowledge of Treasury and Pensions work including all accounting requirements of the Pension Fund and Treasury accounts, relevant CIPFA Codes of Practice and detailed knowledge of Treasury/ Pensions operations and strategy. You will possess the very best verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain detailed information in a clear and accessible manner to a number of officers and members which is key to the role as you will be regularly coordinating, drafting and completing Pension Fund and Treasury committee reports.
You will have strong influencing skills, with a good understanding of local government finance and financial techniques such as investment management, monitoring, financial reporting and options appraisal.
Camden’s main offices are located in modern, award-winning offices at King’s Cross. You can expect an exceptional range of benefits including discounted access to the onsite leisure facilities with swimming pool, recognition and reward for high performance with progression and pay increases, flexible and agile working hours and access to a leading pension scheme.
Camden is proud to be the country’s first Timewise council and as part of this accreditation, we work to help parents balance work with childcare. This fits in with our aim to be leaders in innovative, flexible and part-time working that allows for different patterns of care and for parents to share childcare responsibilities.
Click HERE to see details of our excellent benefits
Make it work for you. Make it your Camden.
Discover and Diversity
To “discover” more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
How to apply
This guidance contains important information to help with your application:
- Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter (no more than two sides of A4 in length aligned to the person specification). Please also include your contact details.
- Please ensure all gaps in employment and education history are fully explained on your CV; we may wish to verify this information during the recruitment process.
- Please provide the details of two referees. Please note your referees will only be contacted if you have been successful in your application and progressed to a formal offer of employment.
- Please ensure you provide your requisite right to work in the UK.
- Please ensure that you address the key requirements as set out in the person specification. These competencies will be used as part of the sifting and assessment process.
- Please return your application by the closing date – no applications will be accepted once the long listing process has begun.
To make a formal application, please click into the relevant ‘Please Apply Here’ for the role to which you’re applying. This will take you to the online application form.
The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 16th December 2018 with the Final Panel Interview scheduled for Friday 21st December 2018.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please contact Matthew Lees on 0203 849 2792 or email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Administration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Finance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)
- Adult Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in London (Central)