Social Worker Mental Health / AMHP
Social Worker Mental Health / AMHP
Department Management Grouping: Adult Social Care / Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Team: Adult Mental Health- Bexley/ Primary Care Plus & ADAPT
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic social worker to join our borough-wide multi – disciplinary locality mental health service working principally with adults under sixty five.
Bexley Care comprises Adult Social Care, Community Health and Mental Health and builds upon the well-established section 75 agreement between the London Borough of Bexley, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust and Bexley CCG.
The service has been re-designed to place greater focus recovery and more effective links with primary care creating exciting opportunities for social workers within the Bexley Locality Mental Health Team. It is arranged into Primary Care Plus, which works with GP practices to maintain patient care within primary care and to aid the smooth transition between primary and secondary care, ADAPT (anxiety, depression, personality disorder and trauma) and Intensive Case Management, which will focus on providing interventions to those who require specialist care.
This post is currently based within the Primary Care Plus and ADAPT part of the Bexley Locality Mental Health Team.
Note that the role may change slightly as Bexley Care rolls out in 2019, but will remain a specialist mental health social worker post in an integrated health and social care setting.
High quality supervision and continued professional development including AMHP, BIA training, adult safeguarding training and support for practice educators are an essential part of the role. Bexley Council runs a Performance Related Pay appraisal system. Both the Council and Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust provide ample opportunities for on-going career development and support.
You will be working in a supportive multi-disciplinary team and will contribute to the range of skills and expertise already in place. You will act as a care co-ordinator to clients in the community under the Care Programme Approach. High priority is given to working together with the families and carers of service users to enhance the independence and quality of life of people with mental health problems.
You will be expected to have a sound understanding of relevant mental health legislation and statutory duties, and of the Equality Act 2010 and Care Act 2014. You should have excellent communication skills, high standards of professional practice including empathy for people with mental health problems. AMHP experience would be preferred, but the main thing is your willingness to work towards this goal.
For an informal discussion, please contact Margaret Anderson. Head of Social Care on 0203 861 1123 or Sue Sturdy, Locality Manager on 0203 668 9461
What we offer:
· Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
· Relocation Package up to £8,000
· Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
· Performance Related Pay
· Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
How to apply
- Closing Date for your application: 6 December 2018
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Social Worker £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Erith
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Erith
- Health Social Worker £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Erith
- Adult Services Social Worker £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Erith
- Safeguarding Social Worker £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Erith