Court Officer - G8
Court officer x 2 – G8 HAR-008346
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
The Revenues Team is key to supporting the Council provision of service by maintaining collection rates and to support this it requires a vigorous recovery timetable, robust monitoring of cases and liaison with internal and external partners to progress cases promptly as well as providing technical support to the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Court Officer to join the Corporate Resources, Collections & Benefits team at a time when Local Authorities are facing funding challenges and the focus is on income collection. There are 2 positions available with joint responsibilities.
Reporting into and supporting the Principal Court & Insolvency Officer, the post holder will collate and prepare all evidence required for hearings for Council Tax, National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR) and BIDS and personally represent the Council in Magistrates and other relevant courts in all recovery proceedings including Insolvency, Charging order and Committal with Legal representation where appropriate.
In addition, the post holders will maximise recovery by making decisions on the most appropriate course of action available for recovery including running system processes and housekeeping to ensure action is taken in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of all relevant Revenues legislation, principles and procedures
- Substantial practical experience of Council Tax/Business Rate work
- Practical experience of prosecuting for a local authority in the Magistrates court in liability order/committal proceedings and addressing bodies/meetings
- Effective organisational skills and experience of prioritising own workload with minimum supervision and to set deadlines
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deal with complex and complaint correspondence with reference to legislation where required
- Ability to learn IT and new software skills efficiently
- Ability to be flexible in working arrangements depending on the demands of the service
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
Test and interview: w/c 4/2/19
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
We particularly welcome female applicants, those from the BAME community and disabled applicants, as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.
We particularly welcome applications from individuals under 25 years of age as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Harrow
- Administration Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Harrow
- Communications Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Harrow
- Corporate Management Team Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Harrow
- Finance Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Harrow