Social Work Assistant.
Job Title: Social Work Assistant.
Management Group: Children’s Services
Department: Staying Together Service, Civic Centre
Reports to: Team manager.
Functional links with:
Social Care Teams and other professionals involved in providing services to families e.g. health, education, housing etc
Main purpose of the job:
- To work within the Staying Together Service to assess parenting capacity and build relationships between families. Supporting families to remain together and prevent children coming into care.
- To be part of a multi-disciplinary team, liaising with other professionals supporting children with a Child in Need Plan, a Child Protection plan, as part of the Public Law Outline (pre-proceedings) and within Care Proceedings.
- To co-facilitate parenting programmes and direct work to improve parenting capacity and build relationships between families.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development and organisation of group and individual work with families including assessments in the home and at Civic Centre. To be able to set objectives for families which are achievable? This to contributing to ensuring families remain together and young people remain within the family setting.
- To work in co-operation with other team members, professionals and parents by sharing relevant information to ensure the needs of the child are met and that the parenting they receive is consistent.
- To prepare clear, accurate and case notes .To attend court, Child Protection Conferences and Child in Need meetings as and when required.
- To obtain information on the family’s needs, including language and cultural needs, so that the most appropriate services can be provided.
- To carry out child protection procedures by immediately informing a senior member of staff of concerns, making a written factual record of concerns and sharing information with relevant agencies as soon as possible.
- To attend appropriate internal and external training in order to develop personal knowledge, skills and abilities and to share experience/knowledge gained with the team. To keep abreast of and implement current legislation and social work theory ie the Munro Review, London Child Protection Procedures, Framework for Assessment, Evidence Based Parenting Programmes
- To manage time effectively and keep the manager informed of work schedules and any matters arising including child protection concerns.
- To be aware of and conversant with London Borough of Bexley’s Policies and Procedures.
- To contribute to the development and running of the group work programmes for young people and parents. To be able to response to family crises and ensure families are able to find solution within themselves e.g. exploring family network.
- To plan direct work with families to be carried out in the Centre or in the home to address difficulties they are experiencing in their parenting and communication. This will require an ability to engage with parents and young people, understand how problems impact on parenting, relationships and communication how this can be addressed.
- To advise parents on strategies to manage unwanted behaviour in their child. This will require an understanding of child development and the impact of parental problems e.g. domestic violence, parental mental ill health and parental addiction may have on a child’s development.
- To maintain accurate records and write reports as required for e.g. child protection conferences and court.
- Liaise with other professionals when necessary to update agencies of the work carried out in the Centre and pass on information as required.
- To attend multidisciplinary meetings and share information to inform the planning process.
- To work in a non-discriminatory way, seeking relevant information to enhance our ability to meet the needs of a varied client group.
- To contribute to the development of services across the Staying Together Service and other partners.
Closing date: 07/01/2019
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Social Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Health Social Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Children's Services Social Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Safeguarding Social Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Social Care Social Worker £25,000 - £29,999 Full time jobs in Bexley