Project Manager (Housing)
PROJECT MANAGER (HOUSING)
Management Grouping: Place, Communities & Infrastructure
Team: Housing Services
Location: Civic Offices, Bexleyheath
Salary: £29,712 - £34,959
Contract: Permanent/36 hours pw
Closing Date: 6h January 2019
Job reference: PCI0000141
A new opportunity has arisen to join our Housing Service to work alongside the existing Housing Service Managers in delivering exciting new projects to relieve homelessness pressures and make a real difference to people’s lives. You will report to the Head of Housing and have responsibility for developing new initiatives to support the service moving forward. The key focus in the first year is to set up a new service which will support single homeless clients, who are currently living in temporary accommodation, to find permanent housing, improve their financial position and their health and wellbeing. This new service will be delivered through commissioning external providers who will be funded through a social investment model which rewards the providers based on successful outcomes.
You will have relevant recent technical experience and knowledge relating to housing and social and economic issues relevant to the job. Demonstrable experience in developing new services relating to homeless households would be an advantage and in commissioning external providers.
A post graduate qualification, degree or equivalent level qualification would be desirable and/or professional membership evidencing ability to function in a professional discipline at a senior level, as appropriate for the post.
What we offer:
• Relocation Package up to £8,000
• Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
• Performance Related Pay
• 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For further information please contact Nicola Couchman on Nicola. Couchman@Bexley.gov.uk
How to apply
- Closing Date for your application: 6th January 2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 15th January
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Administration Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Housing Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Community Services Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Housing Associations Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Bexley