Integrated Travel Assistance Service Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Bexley for an experienced Service Manager to lead on the council’s arrangements related to travel assistance for our most vulnerable children & young people with SEND and adults. The Services are undergoing a significant transformation and the post holder would lead on this transformation.
The council currently provides home to school travel assistance to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability as well as vulnerable adults and is looking for a creative and dynamic individual to lead the Travel Assistance Teams. You will be working closely with families to assess and plan for travel assistance, improve outcomes for our most vulnerable Children and Young People, to build independence where appropriate and broaden the type of assistance that will be available in the future to meet assessed and local needs.
We are looking for a person with excellent leadership, organisational and partnership working skills. Having knowledge of SEND legislation and policy would be advantageous, your proven leadership skills and inter-personal skills are what will set you apart. You will be able to engage a wide range of key stakeholders and partners and work well with young people and their families.
Your responsibilities will be diverse and wide-ranging: this post is strategically and operationally responsible for the commissioning, brokering and delivery of all aspects of travel assistance for eligible Bexley residents.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is a high performing council with outstanding Children's Services. It is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
Should you wish to have an informal discussion about this job opportunity, please contact the Head of SEN and Inclusion, Reinhild Onuoha via email and provide your contact details:
Reinhild.email@example.com or contact her on 02030453046
- Closing Date for your application: 15/01/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 28/01/2019
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Children's Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath