External Funding Officer
Would you like a job where what you do:
· Helps build mutually beneficial relationships between the council and external funding organisations involved in a wide range of areas, from health and wellbeing through to heritage and jobs growth
· Supports raising additional resources from grants or funding, which in turn will help support our residents
· Helps co-ordinate action and give advice to council services who are seeking external funding for the benefit of either district or council.
We are seeking an External Funding Officer to support the two innovative councils in successfully raising funds from external sources, such as through grants and funding, to be used on projects to benefit Breckland and South Holland districts.
· Develop a strategic approach for raising additional income through external grants and funding in order to deliver projects that support our residents
· Lead on identifying potential sources of external funding, building relationships with bodies that provide funding to support key initiatives
· Prepare and submit grant bids for major initiatives and projects, working closely with colleagues, outside organisations and partnerships.
· Give practical advice to officers seeking grants and assist them in completing good quality bids.
· Maintain systems to ensure that the councils are kept up to date with funding opportunities and maintain a register of funding bids being developed and results.
· Where applications are successful, take the lead role in providing management, monitoring and performance information to the relevant funding body in line with the format and deadlines prescribed by the scheme.
A bit about us:
Breckland and South Holland Councils are two sovereign Councils with an established shared senior management team serving communities in Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
We have embraced the Government's agenda to modernise local government. Our approach is to lead change rather than follow it, and to add the best value we can to our communities. We achieve this by developing our employees to their full potential, providing them with the relevant knowledge, equipment and authority to carry out their duties. We are recognised by Investors in People and as an Employer of Choice.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
To thrive as an External Funding Officer, you should have:
· Experience of securing external funding in support of organisational priorities
· Knowledge of external funding streams and application processes
· Experience of successful bid writing
· Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team environment
· Experience of providing management, monitoring and performance information to funding bodies
· Knowledge and understanding of the customer service ethos
For further information about the role and details on how to apply please visit www.breckland.gov.uk
Closing date – 5pm, Sunday 20th January
We are committed to being an Equal Opportunities employer, recognising the benefits of sustaining a workforce which reflects the diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from anyone who feels they meet the requirements of our vacancies - these are listed as essential requirements on the person specification.