Director of Resources and Section 151 Officer
Chippenham is one of the largest town Councils operating in the town and parish sector, in fact we operate in a similar manner to a small district council. We have a population of over 40,000 a revenue budget of over £3.5M, we have over 100 employees and volunteers. We operate in a two tier county unitary setting with no district or borough council, we are the second tier of local government. As the council’s S151 Officer and statutory ‘Responsible Finance Officer’, you will form part of the council’s Corporate Leadership Team.
This is great opportunity to join a small council that punches well above its weight and would provide a great stepping stone to Director role in a principal council or a Chief Executive role in the town and parish sector. You’ll be a chartered accountant and have membership of a professional body such as CIFPA. We have an exciting four year Corporate Strategic Plan that will take us through to 2022 and an overarching vision of, 'improving the quality of town life'.
If you would like a confidential discussion about this role
please call our Chief Executive, Mark Smith on 01249 446699.
Send your CV and personal statement in letter format
Close date: 12 noon, 7 February 2019
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chippenham
- Communications Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chippenham
- Corporate Management Team Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chippenham
- Customer Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chippenham
- Finance Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Chippenham