Payroll and HR Systems Manager
Payroll and HR Systems Manager
Management Grouping: Finance and Corporate Services
Location: Civic Offices, Bexleyheath
Salary: £43,752 - £51,063 (inclusive of Choices Flexible Benefits of £2322 pa)
Contract: Permanent/Full time
Closing Date: 3 February 2019
Job reference: FCS0000123
We are currently looking for an experienced payroll and HR Systems Manager to lead our HR Business Centre. We run a fully integrated HR/Payroll System, processing over 20 separate payrolls with a gross expenditure of 140m per annum and administering operational HR records for over 8,000 employees, covering multiple terms and conditions. Our ethos is to provide an efficient on-line service to our customers making best use of emerging technology.
To be a successful candidate you will ideally hold a professional payroll qualification, be confident with payroll/HR system design and adept at finding innovative solutions to operational issues. A detailed knowledge of Local Government terms and conditions is essential and of course the ability to work well under pressure is paramount.
You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to communicate complex regulations at all levels. An attention to detail and a passion for process is important, along with a desire to provide a smooth customer journey through best use of systems.
As this role will involve providing payroll advice to multiple clients we are seeking someone who can demonstrate proven payroll technical skills in relation to payroll, systems and associated legislation.
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlements
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The HR Business Centre has an integrated operational team of 9 staff dealing with all HR/Payroll processing except recruitment, a team of 5 systems support staff dealing with change implementation, system developments/upgrades and management information and 2 further staff monitoring the external pension contract /payroll and associated pension processes
- Closing Date for your application: 3 February 2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: morning of 8 February 2019
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Administration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Finance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Human Resources Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexley
- Legal Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bexley