Environmental Crime Officer
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our Enforcement Team to perform a new innovative role at an exciting time within the department.
As an Environmental Crime Officer you will help us to improve the environment of the district by enforcing the Public Space Protection Order. You will deal with environmental crime offences committed within the East Lindsey area by issuing Fixed Penalty Notices and using other powers available to the Council.
You will assist the Enforcement Officers within the department with ongoing cases by obtaining and providing evidence against persons suspected of committing environmental crime offences. You will maintain accurate records and statements which will assist in the preparation of court files and potentially giving evidence in Court.
Every day would be different to the one before. This is not a desk job and you will spend most of your time patrolling areas, ensuring there is a visible deterrent and interacting with the local community and visitors to the district.
Do you possess the following qualities?
- A professional, calm and positive manner
- The ability to be sensitive but remain objective
- Effective communication and listening skills
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- The confidence to tackle inappropriate and unlawful actions/behaviours
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as under your own initiative
- The skills to deal with people from all religious and social backgrounds and ages
- Good written and IT skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of dealing with the confidential nature of your work
The post will involve some evening and weekend working during busy seasonal periods.
Previous experience in Enforcement and/or Court proceedings would be advantages. However, full training will be provided.
To apply and for further information about the job role please visit our website www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jo Parker, Principal Enforcement Officer on 01507 613555 or email Jo.Parker@e-lindsey.gov.uk