Highways Engineer/Inspector - Permanent
There are plenty of reasons to take a closer look at Royal Greenwich.
Royal Greenwich is undergoing a huge transformation - Crossrail is coming and we are developing land, buildings and new transport links to create a living and working destination of choice.
Our borough is a fascinating mix of green and urban areas. There is a world heritage site, historical centres, modern development and significant regeneration.
The highways service plays a key role in delivering the Councils ambition and part of the teams work is the maintenance and management of the highway network.
This is an exciting and varied role responsible for undertaking highway safety and service inspections and to deliver minor engineering schemes. You will be part of a wider team all focused on delivering a first class service.
Who are we looking for?
The team delivers a varied range of work. You will be committed and have the ability to deliver but will be part of a wider team, working in a supportive and trusting environment. No two days are the same and so you will need to be adaptable and have the ability to work efficiently.
This role offers the opportunity to experience a range of engineering disciples and has a varied and exciting workload. You will be proactive and use your knowledge and skill to balance deadlines and ensure this essential service is being delivered diligently and professionally.
Now could be the time for you to help shape the way the service is delivered in the Royal Borough, contribute to improvements to the public realm and to be part of a team delivering this varied and interesting work.
If you are looking to broaden your experience and develop a career in highways this could be the role you are looking for.
We are looking for someone to:
- Support and contribute to the delivery of the highway maintenance and improvement service
- Coordinate the production of insurance claim investigations and reports
- Undertake site inspections and investigations
- Assist in responding to service requests and enquiries ensuring deadlines are met
- Provide first class customer service
- Use IT systems to manage and record work and other related information
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience and knowledge of the service area
- Experience of using a range of software for the effective management and control of enquiries, orders and financial information
- Experience of working with a range of individuals and groups and possess great communications skills
- Experience of supporting and monitoring a range of service areas and to be customer focused
- To be adaptable, with a can do attitude, and demonstrate an appetite for learning.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.