Sport Development Officer
Organisation: Royal Borough of Greenwich
Salary Details: £31794 - £34113
Additional Allowances NA
Location Postcode: SE18 6HQ
Job Term and Hours per Week Fixed term (secondment available to internal staff if approved by Chief Officer); 35
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
Sport Development Officer
Communities and Environment
PO1 £31, 794 - £34,113
Fixed Term - I year Contract – Extension to 3 year 0ption subject to Funding
Are YOU a self – starter, highly motivated and passionate individual who can
- Help us and key partners to deliver the new emerging Physical Activity and Sport Strategy and Action Plan
- Work with all sections of the community, including individuals and groups, in promoting the provision, availability and benefits of active participation in sport and physical activity.
- Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate programmes of activity/services, which meet the needs of the residents and deliver on the Council’s objectives and priorities for health and well-being.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate amongst others:
- Experience of devising innovative ways to engage with local communities, especially hard to reach groups, to increase sports participation and tackle key priorities including social isolation and obesity.
- Experience of working with the public, voluntary and community sector, local housing associations, schools, community groups, sports clubs, Leisure contractors and Trusts.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and enthuse colleagues, customers, stakeholders and delivery partners.
- Experience of project and/or programme delivery and a track record of delivering sport and physical activity programmes/projects, to time, cost, quality requirements, whilst effectively managing risks and issues that arise.
- The ability to work effectively, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
Please see Attached JD and PS – When applying please ensure you address each of the requirements within the Person Specification. Secondment can be considered.
Closing date for Applications - 11pm on Sunday 31st March 2019
For an informal conversation please contact Tim Hetherington, Head of Sport, Leisure, Libraries and Adventure Playgrounds Tel: 02089218290
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application.