Head of Specialist Children’s Services
Medway Council is committed to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people in the local area. To do this we need experienced leaders who share our ambition and drive to help us on our journey of improvement.
Reporting to the Deputy Director Children’s and Adults, the Head of Specialist Children’s Services will be a key member of Medway’s Children’s Services Management Team and lead a range of important services to deliver positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- To provide strategic leadership and management of Medway’s specialist children’s services that include fostering and adoption, our residential units, respite for children with disabilities, leaving care team and virtual school.
- To contribute to the operational management and strategic development of the wider service as a member of the Children’s Services Management Team.
- To work closely with the Head of Children’s Commissioning to maximise efficiencies and provide value for money across the range of children’s placements.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- A deep understanding of how specialist children's services operate in local authorities and with the private / voluntary sector.
- Experience of developing partnership working or alternative models of delivery that will benefit the service area.
- Experience of developing resource plans to meet service requirements drawing up realistic budgets and using information effectively.
- An ability to contribute to the development and delivery of our strategic vision for the service.
- An ability to show strong leadership and to build sound, productive working relationships with colleagues, partners and colleagues.
- An ability to embed change, supporting wider council initiatives.
For more information, and details of how to apply please contact Nick Cole (07736 491804) or Ben Manojlovic (07785 454971) at Veredus.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Chatham
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Chatham
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Chatham
- Children's Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Chatham