Accountancy Business Change Manager
Royal Greenwich is a vibrant and diverse borough with a commitment to providing high quality services to our residents. The Directorate of Finance is vital in the effective and efficient management of Council budgets, to ensure a strong and well run borough and supporting departments to deliver essential services.
An opportunity has arisen within our Accountancy Business Partnership Service for an Accountancy Business Change Manager. Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Business Change, the role is one of 13 that manage the Accountancy Business Partnership Services at an operational level and support the Heads of Accounting and Business Change in the Strategic delivery of the Accountancy Business Partnership Service functions and will be responsible for a defined area within one of the following:
- Children’s and Adult Services Finance
- Finances relating to the Corporate, Regulatory and Housing Services within the Council
- Finance related to the investment and partnering service of the Council
- Stewardship functions within Finance
The role provides expertise and management support to colleagues within the services and across the Council, ensuring that the Statutory Section 151 responsibility is met. It ensures that a culture of continuing professional development exists within these areas. The post holder will be involved in dealing with the most complex problems and issues and will provide briefing and guidance on these issues to members and Chief Officers.
Along with being the Lead for the Operational delivery of the finances of the area of responsibility and ensuring the development of services in response to changes in legislation, Council Policy and the medium term financial position of the Council, we are ideally seeking candidates who will also bring experience and skills to cover the following:
- supporting the final accounts process and assisting with the completion of statutory returns including ROs, QROs, RAs, CTRs and WGA
- production of the authority’s statutory accounts to deadline
- development of the financial strategy and medium term financial plan
- contribute to budget setting and the production of the annual budget book
- experience of managing and compilation of the collection fund (council tax and business rates)
Who we are looking for:
We are keen to hear from experienced managers that have the relevant management experience identified in Management Standards Level 2 (included in recruitment pack) with a can do attitude who are highly motivated and committed to providing an excellent and proactive service in line with statutory and operational deadlines.
It is essential that you have extensive work experience of managing change and driving efficiency and supporting strategic decision making through analysis, performance reporting and challenge.
You will have excellent communication skills and effective time management skills, being able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
And as a Royal Greenwich employee, some of the benefits you can enjoy are:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Flexible working
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- GreenwichCard entitling you to discounts at local businesses.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated