We’re Kirklees…are you?
We want Kirklees to be a place which combines a strong and sustainable economy with a great quality of life; a place with thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity, low inequality and where people enjoy better health throughout their lives. We’ve been on a journey over the last three years to develop a very different organisation with new and innovative ways of doing things, better collaboration and a workforce with high standards and exceptional behaviours but there is still much more to do.
The Council and its partners are undertaking a significant portfolio of transformational change activities that impact across the whole of the council and Kirklees. Delivering complex system-wide changes requires us to consider new systems, processes and ways of working to meet the needs of citizens.
Our Transformation Team includes people with skills and experience in areas that are crucial to supporting, challenging and delivering our change activities. Within the team, our Transformation Leads work with officers, councillors and partners, providing support and challenge to:
- understand the problems that we face – from the perspectives of multiple stakeholders;
- assess all of the data and intelligence, existing programmes and the external environment to fully understand the context in which we are working;
- identify and test the many options for how to achieve positive outcomes, and;
- provide advice and guidance throughout the implementation of changes.
To be successful in this role you will need the behaviours, knowledge and experience to influence senior stakeholders and enable transformational change. We are looking for people who live all of the council’s behaviours and continually strive for excellence. If successful, you will join, and help to lead, an ambitious and creative team.
You will report to the Head of Policy, Partnerships and Transformation and will work with colleagues across the council and partnership who are looking to transform what they do and how they do it. You will work in a highly collaborative way with colleagues from other key enabling functions
A key element of this role is the ability to work with stakeholders to make change happen ‘on the ground’. It requires a proven track record of effectively implementing change in a complex environment (not just talking about it). This role will require you to act as a positive champion for transformational change in the organisation, with the ability to influence others.
Requirements for this job:
- Recognised technical expertise in areas of transformation and change (evidenced through qualifications and/or equivalent experience) as well as the ability to apply to this area of work;
- Proven ability to lead a large and complex programme of work, with appropriate oversight and support from the Head of Service; Experience in supporting change in a range of service areas and/or organisations;
- Ability to work independently, and deliver work to agreed deadlines;
- Experience of working with councillors and displays political awareness;
- Has a good working knowledge of public and private sector innovation nationally and internationally and is able to apply this as appropriate within the Council.
For an informal conversation about the role and remit please contact Andy Simcox, Head of Policy, Partnerships and Transformation.
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form. CV’s will not be accepted