ICT Infrastructure 2nd Line Support Officer
Telford & Wrekin Council are seeking an experienced and highly motivated 2nd line support officer to work as part of the Infrastructure Development & Support Team to provide customer focused reliable, flexible operational and technical infrastructure support to all Telford & Wrekin staff, Schools and Councillors. Enabling Service Areas, Schools and Councillors to operate more effectively and efficiently
- To provide prompt 2nd Line Infrastructure support from telephone, intranet and email requests to ensure operational problems are resolved as quickly as possible and within the ICT Service Level Agreements.
- Assist with planning, installation, configuration, management, monitoring and troubleshooting of servers as required.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of security, antivirus, encryption, service packs and hot fixes are installed on appropriate systems.
- Support of specific infrastructure applications including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft
- Exchange, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and VMWare
- Monitor and ongoing maintenance of the councils Backup and Recovery Systems.
- To support and at times lead the implementation of designed solutions including testing and documentation with guidance and ongoing support. - Please see Job description for details.
An opportunity to work alongside experienced infrastructure specialists and architects and be engaged in exciting projects. The IDS team provides specialist support in server infrastructure, networking, security, SCCM, virtualisation, RDS, storage, backups/DR, Active Directory, etc. There is potential of developing and furthering your career with in the team.
T&W Council – Benefits:
- Town Centre location with easy access to transport and shopping
- Flexible working arrangements
- Council’s Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice schemes (car and childcare)
- Purchase extra annual leave