ICT Infrastructure 3rd Line Support Officer
Telford & Wrekin Council are seeking an experienced and highly motivated 3rd line support officer to work as part of the Infrastructure Development & Support Team to provide customer focused reliable, flexible operational and technical infrastructure support to all Telford & Wrekin staff, Schools and Councillors. Enabling Service Areas, Schools and Councillors to operate more effectively and efficiently
- Server and backup troubleshooting, installation, configuration and monitoring and testing of recovery procedures.
- Assist with planning, installation, configuration, management, monitoring and troubleshooting of servers as required.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of security, antivirus, encryption, service packs and hot fixes are installed on appropriate systems.
- Support of specific infrastructure applications including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and VMWare.
- Design, Monitor and ongoing maintenance of backups and disaster recovery ensuring associated plans are completed and maintained.
- Follow the change management process to include risk assessment and prioritisation of a deployment and ensure a back-out plan is completed and represent the release management process on the Change Advisory Board (CAB) prior to software deployment.
An opportunity to work alongside experienced infrastructure specialists and architects and be engaged in exciting projects. The IDS team provides specialist support in server infrastructure, networking, security, SCCM, virtualisation, RDS, storage, backups/DR, Active Directory, etc. There is potential of developing and furthering your career with in the team.
T&W Council – Benefits:
- Town Centre location with easy access to transport and shopping
- Flexible working arrangements
- Council’s Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice schemes (car and childcare)
- Purchase extra annual leave