About the role
Mole Valley District Council is looking for a Regeneration Manager (full-time or on a job-share basis) to lead its high-performing multi-disciplinary Regeneration Team. The team is responsible for the delivery of the Council’s key and high-profile corporate initiative, the Transform Leatherhead masterplan.
This is a great career opportunity to specialise in town centre regeneration and repositioning. The role is hands-on and encompasses all aspects including viability, pre-planning, appointment and management of external professional consultants in these disciplines and the procurement, appointment and management of delivery partners to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the agreed objectives, on time and on budget. More information on Transform Leatherhead can be found at www.transformleatherhead.com.
The Transform Leatherhead masterplan generates a significant amount of interest from internal and external stakeholders and the role requires the ability to operate effectively with senior management and elected members, a sensitivity as to the public interest in these projects, and to participate in stakeholder engagement and consultation activities.
About the team
You will be managing a team of three experienced RICS development surveyors (part-time and full-time) and a project support officer (part-time), working in an open plan office with beautiful views across to Box Hill. The team is supplemented by a Transport Strategy Projects Manager on a part-time secondment from Surrey County Council and a part-time Communications and Marketing Officer whose work you will co-ordinate.
All of the team trained and worked in the private sector before joining MVDC and contribute a range of experience across residential, retail and commercial mixed use redevelopments. We work closely with appointed consultants and advisers to supplement our skill-set and experience.
• be a qualified surveyor (MRICS), with significant post-qualification experience who is confident, tenacious, has a flexible approach to work demands and excellent communication and organisational skills.
• able to work collaboratively as part of a team, with other teams, as well as work on your own; and
• be able to demonstrate significant experience in mixed-use redevelopments.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in this varied and high-profile field in a small and supportive environment, and willing to roll up your sleeves to help us regenerate Leatherhead town centre, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Emma Day on 01306 870639
Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 6 May 2019 midday
Interview dates: 22 May 2019 and 23 May 2019
How to apply
Visit our careers website https://jobsatmolevalley.co.uk/opportunities/ and submit your CV along with a supporting statement to let us know how you meet the required skills and experience of the job description and person specification.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Dorking
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Dorking
- Environment Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Dorking
- Regeneration and Local Economies Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Dorking
- Housing Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Dorking