Rents Team Co-ordinator
Sandwell Council is investing in its Income Management Service, creating a highly efficient and professional service and placing itself in a strong position to meet the challenges and demands of maximising income collection at every opportunity.
The Service is responsible for managing, monitoring and recovering arrears of rent and other housing related charges from current and former tenants. A key objective is to combine the effective recovery of arrears with the provision of high quality advice, assistance and support to those in need. You will be expected to contribute to the provision of a high quality, customer focused service and to contribute to the development of the service in terms of income collection, performance management, staff development and providing debt, welfare benefits and associated advice.
We are interested to hear from applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 3 year’s qualitative experience of working in a rent arrears recovery or similar income collection environment
- Proven experience of delivering excellent services to customers
- Proven experience of dealing with vulnerable customers and customers who have complex and multiple needs
- Proven experience of allocation of work, monitoring performance, working to deadlines, prioritising and organising workload
- Qualitative experience of supervising, developing and motivating individuals and teams,
- Be committed and performance driven
- Ability to be self-motivated, work on own initiative, achieve targets and deadlines
- Ability to be open minded sensitive and flexible in approach to the role
- Ability to forward think and anticipate changing demands, provide alternatives to customers, employees and management
We are ideally looking for applicants who have English and Maths level 2 as a minimum or equivalent. Applicants who do not have the level 2 in numeracy who hold a housing qualification at a level 3 minimum, for example CIH level 3 in Housing will be considered and expected to complete a numeracy level 2 qualification within 12 months of commencing in this role.
The selection process will consist of a skills test, presentation and interview, only those successful following the skills test will be invited to attend the interview.
37 Hours per week (Mon - Thurs 9am - 5.30pm and Fri 9am - 5pm)
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.