Economic Policy Officers (x2 posts) 42439 CELE
7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Do you have a passion for economic policy and what it means in practice for people and businesses?
Do you have a track record of developing and influencing economic strategies and plans and seeing them through to fruition?
Our Growth and Development team is looking for two ambitious policy officers, one focussing on the economic policy work of the County Council, the other on joint working with Norfolk’s district councils and New Anglia, the Local Enterprise Partnership for Norfolk and Suffolk.
• Monitoring trends, drawing on a wide range of data and information sources to make well-informed policy recommendations.
• Preparing briefings for senior managers, councillors and Government, to enable evidence-based decisions to be taken, to deliver the Council’s Vision and the county’s contribution to the Norfolk and Suffolk Economic Strategy.
• Shaping strategy and policy development to support countywide strategic initiatives, such as the Council’s response to Brexit, delivery of the Norfolk Rural Strategy and influencing the shape of future funding streams, eg the Shared Prosperity Fund.
• Leading elements of the County Council’s joint work with district councils and the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership, supporting place-shaping approaches and influencing Local Industrial Strategy priorities for Norfolk.
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in an analytical subject such as planning, market research, business or economics, you will have the ability to report on complex data.
• Possessing strong written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to produce targeted and impactful written reports.
• An experienced project manager, with a track record of leading high value, high impact projects.
• As the roles will require you to travel to places in the county not served by public transport, you will need a full clean driving licence.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference and shape future economic growth in Norfolk.
For more information about each of the roles, go to: https://norfolkcc.engageats.co.uk/
For an informal discussion, please contact Jo Middleton, Economic Strategy & Policy Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or Vince Muspratt, Assistant Director Growth and Development on email@example.com.
In your response, please indicate which role(s) you would like to be considered for.
Workplace feedback states County Hall is a modern, business-like, bright and smart environment to work in.
For further details and how to apply:
Please quote job reference: 42439 CELE
Applicants closing date: 30 April 2019