You will provide appropriate support to and work alongside a disabled Corporate Policy Officer working within the Strategy and Policy Team. You will be attending meetings at a senior level taking notes on behalf of the Officer, helping to prepare reports and presentation. You will carry out research on behalf of the Officer and provide them with general office and administrative assistance where necessary. This will include dealing with people at different levels both within and outside the Council via telephone and electronic communication.
Your duties will include accompanying the Corporate Policy Officer to events and meetings around Kirklees.
You will also be required to provide personal support for the Officer including assistance at meal times, assistance with clothing when going to the toilet and accompanying the when going to meetings and other events across and outside the District.
Requirements for this job:
- An understanding of issues affecting disabled people within the workplace and society.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office applications, email and internet.
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage competing demands and produce accurate notes of meetings.
- An understanding of the nature of support work and the role of support workers.
- Ability to work occasional evenings
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be short-listed for this job, please complete the attached summary sheet application form.