Children’s University Officer
Can you raise children’s aspiration for their futures!
The Children’s University is a national charity that encourages children to try new experiences and acquire new skills through extra-curricular activities, which will increase their awareness of opportunities for their future. Children receive a ‘passport’ and get a stamp for every hour of activity they complete at a Learning Destination. Bexley has a growing number of exciting destinations that children can visit, including libraries, after-school clubs, sports activities such as Danson Park Adventures, and cultural attractions, including Hall Place and Gardens, the Red House and Lesnes Abbey.
After our successful pilot, we are looking for someone who will work with schools to increase the number of children who take part and continue to expand the number of Learning Destinations across the borough.
Working in partnership with London South East Children’s University, you will support schools, families, children, Learning Destinations, employers and other partner agencies.
You will also lead on the delivery of high quality annual graduation ceremonies for the children and represent Bexley Children’s University at local and national events, including the annual Children’s University conference.
You will need excellent written communication skills and to be confident using social media, such as Twitter, to raise awareness of the Children’s University across the borough.
To find out more or for an informal discussion, please contact Lorraine Harker on 0203 045 4099.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites and have also been awarded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for our Children’s Social Care.
- Closing Date for your application: 28/04/19
- Anticipated interview dates: 03/05/2019 and 10/05/2019.
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.