Director of Children’s Social Care
We are in month two as a new unitary authority, so when we say we can offer career defining opportunities, we really mean it. We need skilled and child-focused leaders to help shape and build our future.
Local Government reorganisation has provided us with a significant opportunity for growth and transformation. We can make our thriving, city region a prosperous and inclusive place for generations to come.
Our vision is to create a place of aspiration where plans are made, and ambitions are achieved, most of all for our young people. We want to create a healthy and vibrant place where everyone feels a part of the future that BCP is trying to create and where our social workers and professionals can do their best work and have fulfilling careers.
This will be a challenging role, and whilst we live in a visually stunning area with great schools, two expanding universities and have a thriving local economy, there remain a large number of children, young people and families that are living in hardship and are at risk of abuse and exploitation. We need leaders who are innovative, driven, energised and collaborative in style, who can convey confidence and take people with them on the journey.
If you are committed and driven to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities and can translate your experience, ideas and passion to drive forward this incredible opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
If the following statements resonate with you and you are able to translate your experience, ideas and passion to drive forward this incredible proposition then please do get in touch;
- I am well-rounded in terms of my professional social work practice and have great instincts
- I can articulate and speak the truth at all levels of the organisation and can work strategically with my peers, be that in Housing or Finance to get the best outcome for children
- I have had experience of bringing teams together that have very different cultures, I like to do this through adopting a collective journey for all
- Succession planning and workforce development is very important to me and I invest my experience in ensuring this is achieved
- My colleagues would say I have a sense of humour, understand my limits and are open minded to new ways of working
- I am a visible leader who continually reflects on how I and my services can do better
A competitive salary is offered, and relocation can be discussed for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact our consultants at Penna, Helen Anderson on 07936 329 908 or Ben Cox on 07809 374 692.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.leadingbcp.com
Closing date: 31st May 2019.