Team Manager - Looked after Children
You must either be an existing employee or a current agency worker with the London Borough of Bexley for your application to be considered for this role.
The Team Manager will have strong experience and understanding of permanence planning, overseeing complex cases from proceedings through to adoption and other forms of permanence. As Team Manager you will ensure that you are able to support staff and drive quality Life-story work with all Looked After Children so they have a good understanding of their family and their story both in care and before care.”
“Bexley is a safe and supportive place to work with highly creative work undertaken by a skilled and well supported workforce” – Ofsted 2018
The Council, its staff and partners, were delighted in August this year when Ofsted judged the overall effectiveness of children’s social care services to be ‘outstanding’! We were especially pleased that our investment in frontline practitioners and managers was recognised. We have been working for three years to create an environment where social workers can do the work they came into the profession to do - to support and help families to stay together where this is in children’s best interests and it is safe enough for this to happen.
Ofsted judged that we provide strong management oversight of practice, that we have a well – embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help, that we offer clear progress in career pathways, a talent management scheme and a nurturing environment to enable social work to flourish. We believe deeply in relationship based practice and ‘Signs of Safety’ is the vehicle enabling us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with the people we are trying to help.
If this sounds exciting and reassuring, we want you to get in touch with us. Our workforce is stable with over 90% permanent staff, but we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
We need ambitious and committed Team Managers in Children’s Social Care who are passionate about relationship based practice with families. You are going to lead the way with our frontline practitioners who are workingwith ‘signs of safety’, collaborating and strengthening our families.
As Team Manager, you will be the critical link between your team and senior managers. This role will be focused on influencing, encouraging, leading and managing your team. We have highly developed performance data that you will analyse to drive through improvements and improved practices.
This is a temporary appointment due to maternity leave for a period of approximately 12 months ending June 2020.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated social work professionals?
Our offer includes:
· An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
· Workable caseloads
· 31 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
· Professional supervision
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
· Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to £8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
· Career progression pathways for training and continuous professional development
· Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead
· Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leaders Programme
· Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
· Our Choices Benefits include a lease car or cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
· Excellent local government pension scheme
· Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
View more about our employment deal here.
Visit https://bexleysocialcarecareers.wordpress.com to find out more about what a career with the London Borough of Bexley would be like or come for an experience day; speak directly to our Academy Manager, Lori Goossen on 020 3045 4427.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 20/05/2019.
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages