Employment Adviser (Health)
- To work with adult job seekers who are preparing to move into employment within a 12 month period - providing exemplary case management, including support, advice, advocacy and signposting to relevant health services to participants referred to Local London Work and Health Programme, delivered in accordance with professional standards and best practice
- To deliver a support plan, including a range of personal development and health-related activities, to enable and inspire individuals to achieve sustained employment and non-employment progression measures, including improving wellbeing, self-confidence and level of independence.
- To work in partnership with a wide variety of local agencies and the embedded Local London Work and Health Programme team to provide the best support to individuals
- Registered Adult or Mental Health Nurse or recognised qualification in a mental health related profession, recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role (MH Nurse/CPN) or
- HCPC registered, member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role (Physiotherapist) or
- Experience as an HCPC registered social worker or
- HCPC registered, holds approved degree or post-grad Diploma/Masters in Occupational Therapy, recent relevant experience in an equivalent casework type role
- Experienced in and evidence of successful support of and case management for customers with a variety of complex needs
- Resilient and tenacious with a desire to continuously maintain high standards
- Evidence of CPD
- Good level of computer skills (Microsoft Office) and ability to pick up and learn other systems as and when required
- Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What We Offer
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave pro-rata (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
We have been providing support for unemployed/underemployed Bexley residents for more than 15 years. We deliver a number of different programmes to help break down the significant barriers to employment that many people face and have been delivering the Work and Health Programme since March 2018. We offer a menu of support from which participants can pick including individually tailored advice and guidance around job search and employment, support to gain employability skills, computerised job search facilities and access to local vacancies.
For further information please contact Giulitta Sandford on 0203 045 3003 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form. Closing date for application is 31/05/2018. Dates for assessment centre and interview to be confirmed.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.