Consultant Social Worker
Are you passionate about supporting social workers to learn and develop so they can provide the best support to children and families?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, skilled Consultant Social Worker/Practice Educator to help plan and deliver our in-house learning and development programme; support our NQSWs through their ASYE year; and support the highest level of practice standards and relationship based social work. We are especially interested in those who have previous management experience to lead on our Management Development programme.
The Council, its staff and partners, were delighted in August 2018 when Ofsted judged the overall effectiveness of children’s social care services to be ‘outstanding’! We were especially pleased that our investment in frontline practitioners and managers was recognised. We have been working for three years to create an environment where social workers can do the work they came into the profession to do - to support and help families to stay together where this is in children’s best interests and it is safe enough for this to happen.
“Bexley is a safe and supportive place to work with highly creative work undertaken by a skilled and well supported workforce” – Ofsted 2018
Ofsted judged that we provide strong management oversight of practice, that we have a well – embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help, that we offer clear progress in career pathways, a talent management scheme and a nurturing environment to enable social work to flourish. We believe deeply in relationship based practice and ‘Signs of Safety’ is the vehicle enabling us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with the people we are trying to help.
If this sounds exciting and reassuring, we want you to get in touch with us. Our workforce is stable with over 90% permanent staff, but we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
We need an ambitious Consultant Social Worker/Practice Educator who is going to lead the way in embedding good quality social work practice and deliver the best outcomes for our children. You will also be committed to relationship based social work and Signs of Safety practice. We are looking for an experienced practitioner who can evidence how learning has been applied in their practice; and with an excellent track record of supporting the learning and development of practitioners to improve the lives of children.
We are one of ten ‘English Innovation Project’ (EIP) authorities, sponsored by the Department for Education, as we implement Signs of Safety, using it to strengthen professional practice and improve the long term outcomes for families and children. Relationships are at the centre of social work in Bexley.
Our Academy and Workforce Team have developed targeted career pathways to provide you with great opportunities for development because we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to grow, develop, and progress at all stages of their career.
At Bexley we offer a comprehensive range of training opportunities and professional development through appraisal, coaching and mentoring and aspiring leaders programme. Working here you will be able to try out new ideas and progress your career making social work at Bexley a profession that is yours to own.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated social work professionals?
Our offer includes:
· An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
· Workable caseloads
· 31 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
· Professional supervision
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
· Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to £8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
· Career progression pathways for training and continuous professional development
· Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead
· Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leaders Programme
· Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
· Our Choices Benefits include a lease car or cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
· Excellent local government pension scheme
· Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
View more about our employment deal here.
Visit https://bexleysocialcarecareers.wordpress.com to find out more about what a career with the London Borough of Bexley would be like or come for an experience day; speak directly to the Academy Manager, Lori Goossen on 020 3045 4427.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 29/05/2018.
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.