Social Worker Recruitment Assessment
Bexley is a safe and supportive place to work with highly creative work undertaken by a skilled and well supported workforce – Ofsted 2018
The Council, its staff and partners, were delighted in August this year when Ofsted judged the overall effectiveness of children’s social care services to be ‘outstanding’! We were especially pleased that our investment in frontline practitioners and managers was recognised. We have been working for three years to create an environment where social workers can do the work they came into the profession to do - to support and help families to stay together where this is in children’s best interests and it is safe enough for this to happen.
Ofsted judged that we provide strong management oversight of practice, that we have a well – embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help, that we offer clear progress in career pathways, a talent management scheme and a nurturing environment to enable social work to flourish. We believe deeply in relationship based practice and ‘Signs of Safety’ is the vehicle enabling us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with the people we are trying to help.
If this sounds exciting and reassuring, we want you to get in touch with us. Our workforce is stable with over 90% permanent staff, but we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
Fostering Recruitment and Assessment Team
The fostering recruitment and assessment team undertakes assessments for prospective foster carers. We also undertake Special Guardianship Assessments for family and friends who wish to care for children. We are a stable and supportive team.
Do you think you have what it takes to join our team of excellent and dedicated social work professionals?
We are looking to appoint experienced Social Workers to assist us in recruiting prospective Foster Carers within the Bexley area. You will undertake initial assessment of applicants, carry out a full Fostering Assessment and present the assessment at Fostering Panel. You will also be required to undertake training of prospective Foster Carers and Connected People.
You will possess excellent communication and report writing skills, be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of child care legislation, particularly care planning and child protection, the Ofsted National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services and fostering service regulations.
Successful candidates will require registration as a qualified Social Worker with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and be able to demonstrate your capabilities against the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF).
If you would like to know more about this exciting post then please contact Ruth Pates, Team Manager on 02030455977
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Our offer includes:
· An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
· Workable caseloads
· 31 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
· Professional supervision
· Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
· Bexley has a flexible and generous package to support you moving to work in Bexley. We will pay up to £8k which you can use as you wish, e.g. to pay a deposit or mortgage, to meet housing costs, fees and other expenses.
· Career progression pathways for training and continuous professional development
· Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead
· Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leaders Programme
· Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
· Our Choices Benefits include a lease car or cash options to the value of £2,322 per annum
· Excellent local government pension scheme
· Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
View more about our employment deal here.
Visit https://bexleysocialcarecareers.wordpress.com to find out more about what a career with the London Borough of Bexley would be like or come for an experience day; speak directly to our Academy Manager, Lori Goossen on 020 3045 4427.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 20/05/2018.
If there are a high volume of suitable applications for this vacancy we reserve the right to close earlier than the advertised closing date.
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages