Community Assessment & Support Officer
This job is currently based in Civic Centre 1 but will shortly be relocating to Slaithwaite Town Hall and is temporary for up to 11 months to cover the absence of the substantive post holder.
You will be working with people in the community who have particular social care needs or a carer. As part of the Self Directed Support Pathway, referrals will be received from differing sources; your role will be to support customers through an assessment process (Person Led Assessment) to identify their needs. This will involve seeking and encouraging the contribution of customers, their carers and relatives as well as others involved in their care e.g. colleagues from Health.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of working in a caring environment in a paid or unpaid capacity with a relevant service group.
- Ability to demonstrate literacy, numeracy and computer skills to complete assessments and correspondence, complete financial statements and keep accurate records.
- IT skills to be able to maintain accurate electronic records.
- An understanding of the differing physical and emotional needs pertaining to the specific user group.
- Ability to identify needs of individuals and formulate support plans.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of other agencies and their contribution to service delivery.
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.
An enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS) will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
*To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed Secondment Permission Form, signed by your manager. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Description. CVs will not be accepted.