Director – Capital Strategy and Portfolio Management
There is a real buzz about our corner of London.
As the Mayor of London’s first London Borough of Culture, our distinctive culture-led approach to economic growth and regeneration is driving one of the fastest growing local economies in London. We are intensely ambitious for Waltham Forest, investing in the Borough’s future, and creating a legacy that will benefit our residents for years to come.
We aim to be bold in harnessing the power of our unique strengths and assets – our communities, our people, our staff and our heritage. Our new Economic Growth and Housing Delivery Directorate is at the heart of delivering the Council’s ambitions for economic and housing growth, both directly and indirectly, through our plans, services and, most importantly, our focus on delivery.
As Director – Capital Strategy and Portfolio Management you will lead and develop our property Portfolio Management Office, embedding PPM practice at a corporate level. You will actively monitor our capital and property programmes and develop capital strategies that support delivery of our ambitions.
About Waltham Forest
Just 20 minutes from the City of London and the West End and with over 500 acres of blue and green space including Europe’s largest urban wetland at Walthamstow Wetlands and Epping Forest, “London’s Great Forest”, we are well placed to deliver our ambitions for new neighbourhoods.
We are creating a senior delivery team to support Stewart Murray, our Strategic Director of Economic Growth and Housing Delivery, in leading and accelerating the work of the new Directorate.
Our Economic Growth and Housing Delivery Directorate is responsible for most of the Council’s £550million Capital Programme that will deliver new school places, new homes and affordable housing, community and cultural venues, transport infrastructure, economic growth and regeneration, and new neighbourhoods including a new community as part of the transformation of our iconic Town Hall Campus. Our draft Local Plan Review articulates the aspiration to deliver 10,000 new jobs and 18,000 new homes over the next 10 years with 50 per cent affordable housing that prioritises local residents. Our teams will be responsible for making this happen.
Shortlisted for MJ’s Council of the Year 2019, our values demonstrate our approach as a Council; be radical, make and create, and act with fellowship. You will embody these behaviours, have a compelling track record of success and the proven ability to work collaboratively to deliver our ambitious growth plans and transformational projects.
About the Role
- You will lead on the development, monitoring and review of the Council’s c£150m capital portfolio and property related revenue programmes
- Working with finance colleagues you will develop the Council’s Capital Strategy ensuring it is to organisational priorities.
- We will look to you to deliver Portfolio Management Office (PMO) services directly to significant Council capital investment programmes and projects, for example, the iconic Town Hall Campus transformation programme.
- You will provide professional portfolio delivery management support to major Council investment programmes
- Demonstrating and championing a commercial culture and the delivery of customer-focused property and delivery services, you will ensure Return on Investment and securing financial and social benefits for the Council, residents, businesses and communities.
To succeed in this role you will bring a track record, in either the public or private sector, in the leadership and development of property PMOs, embedding PPM practices at a corporate level. You will also bring a relevant qualification such as APM or RICS. You will be able to demonstrate experience of developing relevant strategies and supporting, through outstanding portfolio management, the delivery of major schemes.
If you are commercially minded, with a focus on delivery and driving a financial and social return on investment, we want you to join us. Salary negotiable for an exceptional candidate.
How to Apply
Please submit a current CV along with a supporting statement that addresses the Role Profile and demonstrates how you meet its requirements. Please also provide details of two referees including name, position, organisation, email and telephone number, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your permission please state so clearly.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact our recruitment consultants at Hays: Mark Bearn (07872 672290) and Colin Fairbank (07429 230496).
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 1 July 2019
Technical Interviews: Monday 15, Wednesday 17, Thursday 18 July (Provisional)
Final Interviews: Wednesday 24 July (Provisional)
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Corporate Management Team Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Regeneration and Local Economies Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (East)
- Regeneration Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (East)