Business Support Officer - Information Governance
This job is temporary up to the end of June 2021 to cover a specific project.
This job is based within the Information Governance (IG) Team.
This is an entry level technical IG role and is the first step on the ladder of an IG career. This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to get a great grounding in all aspects of IG including:
- working at the Council’s purpose built Archive,
- managing compliance activities relating to GDPR, Freedom of Information and Environment Information Regulations
- working on projects to support other Council services with their information governance related work.
There will also be an opportunity for the successful applicant to apply for the opportunity to work towards a sponsored, level 3 CILIP (Chartered Institute for Library and Information Professionals, the UK library and information association) qualification at Kirklees College from January 2020.
As a key member of the team you will undertake a range of duties that will include:
- Specialist and technical administrative support;
- Data processing (input and retrieval), including service based IT systems;
- Responding to complex information enquiries from members of the public and council services;
- Archiving and records management activities as directed;
- Providing IG project support, including researching and collating information as directed;
- Producing complex and specialist word processing and spreadsheet documents;
- Producing statistical and management information;
- Producing minutes of IG Project Task group and Board meetings
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed Secondment Permission Form, signed by your manager. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate on one A4 page how the skills you have, which meet the criteria outlined in the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile, might be beneficial within the IG team to carry out the role outlined on the ‘Day in the life of’ document. CV's will not be accepted.