Reading and Resources Manager
As part of the senior management team, the successful applicant will be the strategic lead for the provision, development and promotion of library resources for Richmond upon Thames Libraries, ensuring that customers of all ages have access to inspiring collections of books, e-resources and audio-visual materials.
Leading an efficient and experienced team within our high performing library service, you will also organise and run an ongoing, well-funded programme of creative reading and literature promotions and events; which provide opportunities for people to come together to share and extend their reading experiences.
Richmond upon Thames Library Service has 12 diverse libraries and the highest book issues per capita in London. This post offers the opportunity to be part of a successful and dynamic service.
As the Reading and Resources Manager, you will need:
- A recognised qualification in Library & Information Science or significant relevant experience
- Experience of developing, delivering and promoting library services and programmes of events and activities
- Experience of managing a staff team and/or volunteers
- To be confident in the use of IT equipment, databases and digital resources
- The ability to manage resources and monitor budgets
The Reading and Resources Manager will be working as part of a strategic team, developing services for the discerning residents of Richmond upon Thames, who highly value their library service. You will have the opportunity to further develop the successful annual events programme and improve Richmond’s already enviable position as one of the highest achieving library services in London.
You will be working a 36 hour week, including occasional weekend and evening working as required. A flexible approach to fulfilling the needs of the service is necessary. You will be based in Richmond but will be required to travel to other libraries and locations within Richmond upon Thames as necessary.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 9 June 2019
Interview Date: Friday 21 June 2019
More searches like this
- Corporate Services £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Education £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Early Intervention £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Life Long Learning £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)
- Skills and Learning £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in London (South)