Strategic Director of Communities and Place
Derby City Council is transforming. We’re proud of all we've achieved and are facing our current and future challenges with confidence and ambition.
We’re looking for an inspirational leader to work alongside the CEO and directors to provide practical, strategic and visionary leadership. As a key part of our team, you will:
- be a strong leader who understands and can develop, with partners, a creative place agenda
- lead our most visible frontline services
- shape place and economic growth
- optimise our participation, visibility and reputation across the City, the region and nationally
- have an extensive cross-council corporate role and work closely with councillors
- need drive, credibility and integrity with a track record of making things happen in a large, complex, political organisation.
We have a great team spirit, an appetite for innovation and a determination to do the best we can for Derby. We’re proud of our 300 years of industrial heritage but that’s only half the story. Derby is an attractive place in which to live, work and relax. Whether you’re riding the velodrome in the iconic Derby Arena, shopping in the modern Intu mall and historic Cathedral Quarter, wandering through our award winning parks or exploring the stunning villages and stately homes of Derbyshire - Derby offers the best of vibrant city and country life.
If you’d like to have a confidential discussion, please call Carole Mills, Chief Executive on 01332 643554.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derby
- Corporate Management Team Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derby
- Regeneration and Local Economies Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derby
- Built Environment Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derby
- Regeneration Director £100,000-plus Full time jobs in Derby