Enforcement Officer (Planning)
The Investment and Regeneration Service is tasked with making the Kirklees economy more resilient and better able to adapt to economic and environmental pressures and challenges. The Development Management Section covers a number of broad activities which supports this including dealing with planning applications, enforcement and specialist advice including Conservation, Design, Environment and Trees.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Enforcement Team. You will need to have a wide range of skills and importantly be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers. You will cover a range of planning enforcement activities including helping to monitor conditions and section 106 agreements. You will also be expected to support and liaise with partners across the Council who also have an enforcement role or function.
Requirements for this job include:
- Knowledge of enforcement within a Local Authority or similar organisation.
- Knowledge of implementation of and interpretation of planning legislation.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely written reports.
- An ability to deal with members/agents.
- Effective literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- Knowledge of monitoring development sites.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form. CV’s will not be accepted.