Customer Service Advisor
Do you have experience of working in a busy customer service environment?
- Are you a friendly and confident communicator, who enjoys helping people and providing a great service?
- Then we need you, come and join us and be part of a team that is forward thinking, dynamic and ambitious in providing great Customer Service.
As a key member of the busy Customer Service team, you will be responsible in handling a wide and diverse range of enquiries to a high standard of customer service covering all areas of the Council’s business.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be part of our large friendly Customer Services team, working in the corporate contact centres. We are the primary contact for resolving inbound enquiries for a wide range of services ranging from council tax & housing benefits to environmental services such as household waste to parking permits.
Whether it’s a query about social care or bin collection, you will need to provide positive assistance in a clear, articulate, empathetic manner.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Delivering an excellent customer experience by providing advice and, wherever possible, resolution at the first point of contact. This includes all customer access channels including telephone, face to face, letter, email, web and SMS.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all services and systems used in the Customer Service receptions to assist customers and resolve their enquiries.
- To professionally deal with any frustrated, angry and abusive customers, providing a resolution to their enquiry and avoiding potential complaints.
- To maintain accurate records and information relating to the provision of customer services
- To actively encourage customers to use the most efficient method to gain access to and information about council services.
- Full training and support provided
Have a look at the job profile online for full details on the varied role you can expect to be doing.
Where you’ll be working
You will be based in the contact centre in Twickenham.
What we can offer you
Successful applicants will start at £21,938 (pro rata for Part-Time)
- Salary may be negotiable within the pay scale if the successful applicant has extensive local authority experience or relevant service specific knowledge or experience.
- Experience with handling Council tax, Parking and Housing Benefit enquiries would be beneficial if possible.
Convenient Working hours
Full time Monday-Friday 8:50-5:00 36 hours per week
Part-time applicants are welcomed
- Minimum 20 hours per week
- Part-time hours are negotiable but must meet the business needs.
- The working day can be a full day or part day (minimum 4 hours per day).
- Monday working for part-time staff is always required.
Other Staff benefits
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments
There is currently no closing date for this job. We’ll be reviewing online applications monthly until all the vacancies are filled.
We will contact you by email to let you know if you have been shortlisted or not.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
We are a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place