4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
This is a key leadership role with responsibility for services focused on special educational needs, children missing out on education and inclusion.
Children’s Services in Derbyshire is rated as “Good” by Ofsted and we are ambitious and committed to improving outcomes for children and young people. With a hugely committed team, the Assistant Director will lead the service area to continue its excellent and much valued contribution to ensuring the educational achievement of Derbyshire’s children, who deserve the best service we can provide.
Reporting to the Service Director for Schools and Learning, robust and supportive leadership and management is a key requisite for the role and we are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience in leading, developing, organising and motivating others to deliver high quality services.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to identify and develop opportunities to improve and enhance the service and outcomes for children and young people.
- Demonstrable experience of working with key stakeholders – Headteachers, Governors, parent/carers and partner organisations.
- Experience and knowledge of Government and statutory legislation and relevant inspection frameworks, and a passion for delivering exemplary services to vulnerable children and young people.
- A demonstrable commitment to inspiring and empowering children and young people to enable them to be safe, healthy, learning and working.
If you feel you can make a difference in this role, then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the post further, please contact Kathryn Boulton, Service Director for Schools and Learning on 01629 532750.
Please apply on the standard application form, evidencing the selection criteria detailed in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Provisional Interview Date: 10 July 2019.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Closing Date: 23 June 2019