Business Support Officer (Risk and Vulnerability Team)
This job is temporary for up to 11 months to cover maternity leave.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Kirklees Children’s Services. Being an integral part of one of our teams, it is important:
- You are aware of Data Protection;
- You are able to build positive working relationships with peers, colleagues and partner agencies;
- You work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues in other teams across the Service to support as necessary/required;
- You are resilient to sensitive information;
- You are able to work flexibly as and when required to respond to the demands of the Service.
As a key member of the team you will undertake a range of duties that will include:
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls
- Processing administration work
- Minute taking
- Stationery stock control/ordering
- Recording of annual leave
- Handling petty cash
- Electronic recording
- Dealing with incoming/outgoing post
- General administrative duties
It is essential that you have good IT skills and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office and that you have Business and Administration NVQ2 or able to demonstrate equivalent skills. Please see the attached Day in the Life sheet to learn more about the responsibilities of a Business Support Officer for this Service.
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed Secondment Permission Form, signed by your manager. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CV’s will not be accepted.