Procurement Support Officer
The Procurement Team at Bexley provide the Council with a professional procurement service, compliant with all relevant legislation, that, as far as possible, ensures cost effective and fit for purpose contracts are made with third party suppliers and service providers.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement and Commissioning Support Officer to both assist the Procurement Managers and the Senior Procurement Officer with all aspects of the procurement process including; the progression and recording of the tender and quotation process as and when required and assisting with all aspects of governance associated with the commissioning process. You will facilitate workshops with service areas to support the appropriate research, design and development of their commissions as required under the timeline of process governance tollgates.
You will have a good standard of education and experience of procurement and/or commissioning in a public sector organisation is essential. The ability to create, manipulate and present accurate documents, spreadsheets and reports is also essential together with a good working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications including; Word, Excel, Outlook as a minimum. Excellent organisation and time management skills, including managing small events will also be required.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
How to apply
Please visit our website to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Closing Date for your application: 20/06 /2019
- Anticipated Interview date: 24/06/2019