Senior Digital Officer
The London Borough of Bexley is looking for someone to join our busy Digital Team to help develop and deliver the Council’s digital strategy. This goes further than our website presence; it includes the transformation of customer self-service, automation of business and customer processes, e-communications and helping to develop our new digital standards.
In recent years, the importance of our digital channels has grown. More and more people now depend on them to find the right information, access Council services and to complete self-serve transactions. We have some exciting future projects and you will need to make sure our user experience and clarity of design are at the forefront to help drive the Council’s digital agenda to encourage more people to engage with us online.
You should have well-grounded digital and technical experience with a working knowledge of content management technologies and designing digital services. You will have been involved with digital transformation initiatives and be familiar with back to front end technologies simplifying complex content and service design processes within a large organisation.
We will need you to have a strong user focus with a good understanding of best practice driven by the Government Digital Services including; User Experience (UX) design principles, service design, web development and the importance of W3C standards for accessibility.
If you feel you have what it takes, we look forward to receiving your application.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within theborough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For further information please contact Paul Thorpe on 0203 045 4752 or e-mail Paul.Thorpe@bexley.gov.uk
How to apply
Please visit our website to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Closing Date for your application: 30/06 /2019
- Anticipated Interview date: w/c Monday 8th July 2019