Senior Lawyer (Safeguarding Children)
Greenwich Legal Services is committed to being a high performing in house legal service which plays an essential part in the achievement of the priorities and objectives of the Royal Borough of Greenwich for the benefit of our community. We aim to achieve this in relation to our Clients and Services, our Staff and achieving value for money.
Greenwich Legal Services is undergoing a period of transformation with these aims in mind and you could be part of that transformation. We are looking to recruit keen talented and committed individuals to this role.
We are seeking a Senior Lawyer (Safeguarding Children) to join our busy team dealing with a varied caseload and providing legal advice, support and representation to the council’s Directorate of Children’s Services.
The main work includes:
- Advising and providing legal representation to Social Workers discharging their Child Protection functions
- Advising and attending Legal Planning Meetings to consider the issuing of care proceedings or invoking the Public Law Outline
- Attending Pre Proceedings Meetings with parents and external Lawyers
- Dealing with miscellaneous enquiries on the interpretation of the legislation with regard to the council’s duties and obligations and giving advice accordingly
- Liaising with Social Workers and others involved in the discharge of child protection duties and keeping them informed of the progress of matters and taking any other appropriate measures to ensure continued legal service delivery.
The successful candidate must be a Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive able to demonstrate experience of all aspects of the law relating to Safeguarding Children.
If you are interested in joining an accessible in house Team which is integral to shaping the future of the Royal Borough of Greenwich apply now.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Davidaire Horsford on 0208 921 6298.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated