Head of Effective Practice and Quality Assurance
How would you like to be part of a team within the only Local Authority in the country to be found Outstanding in all areas of its Children and Families Service (Ofsted 2018)
Are you ambitious, passionate and driven? We are! However there is always room to do even better for Children and Families in North Yorkshire. We are truly a learning organisation that continually seeks to innovate and finely tune the system with an unwavering desire to continually improve.
We believe in building on strengths in our direct work with families and learning what we do well as a team to do the same even better. We have a clear, well defined practice framework which focusses on collaborative working with families, partners and with each other to ensure we make the right difference not just for the period of time we are involved but for each child’s lifetime.
Everything we do, whether it be direct work, developing practice or strategic policy it is predicated on a simple reflection; ‘Is it good enough for my child or family’. If not we seek to reflect on traditional methods and develop new innovative approaches which are reflective of today’s issues. We are at the forefront of innovation.
• Ready to work for the Ferrari equivalent of Children’s Services?
• Able to thrive in an environment that seeks to continually improve with high expectation but equally high support?
• Passionate about strengths based practice with relationships at the heart of everything you do?
• A confident leader who will get involved in the detail whilst having the skills to strategically influence?
• Able to simplify the complex and work through wicked issues?
• Talented at gathering information from multiple sources and presenting it as one coherent picture?
• Ambitious about the quality of services which are offered to Children and Families?
Then we would love to talk to you about applying for this critical role to join a dynamic and ambitious senior management team.
This role will provide strategic oversight for delivering our quality of practice ambition, through our Principle Social Worker and use innovative approaches to collaborative learning for continual improvement. It has responsibility for:
• Inspection readiness including our Self-Assessment
• Thematic learning reviews
• Practice Audit (Quality Learning Space)
• Signs of Safety and Systemic Practice Learning and Development (Chair strategic multi agency board)
• Research programmes in collaboration world leading organisations
• External programmes of work (Partners in Practice and Strengthening Families)
• Development of a workforce learning academy
• Workforce Improvement and retention (NAAS, ASYE, Step Up, Apprenticeships)
• Working in close collaboration with government departments
For more information about this role we encourage you to visit our dedicated campaign site www.northyorks.gov.uk/head-effective-practice-and-quality-assurance.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.