Occupational Health Advisor
As an Occupational Health Advisor, you will carry out all duties normally covered by that title and any additional or different duties in the department, which the council may require from time to time.
- Support the HR team in managing absence through the absence management procedure.
- Provide advice and guidance to employees on absence issues when answering the sickness referral service lines.
- Be proactive in supporting the reduction of working days lost through referrals where possible during sickness reporting calls.
- Undertake management referrals with employees, completing reports to include appropriate advice and guidance to managers on support to be provided, being mindful of reasonable adjustments in the workplace and impact on service delivery.
- Contribute to the improvement of employee’s health and wellbeing through surgeries, training, team meetings etc.
- Carry out health screenings such as audio, hand arm vibration, spirometry and visual as required.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory legislation including GDPR.
- Support / contribute to health related training programmes, events and employee case conferences on request.
- Carry out health clinics.
- Support and advise the H&S Team as and when required i.e. risk assessments.
- Ensure testing equipment is tested, calibrated and serviced in line with guidelines.
- Manage and maintain supplies for appointment rooms.
- Manage and maintain confidentiality at all times both verbally and with paper records.
- Understand and conform to all Health & Safety requirements within the council.
- Understand and work to guidelines and observe all council policies.
- Any other duties that may be required by the council.
- 37 hours to be worked between the hours of 7am - 4pm.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be a registered nurse
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Occupational Health – (desirable)
- Experience in Occupational Health environment, preferably public sector due to variety of roles.
37 hours per week, which will include 7am starts
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.