Scalby Learning Trust is a small and growing family of schools based on the North Yorkshire Coast. We have grown from our lead secondary school (Scalby School), welcomed Newby Scalby Primary in 2018 and in 2019 Friarage Community Primary will join our Trust.
We are growing organically and firmly building on the school improvement journeys of Scalby School and Newby Scalby Primary. As we welcome our first sponsored primary into our Trust, it is right that we make sure that we have the right team to deliver the best possible education to our children and young people.
Our Trust is based at Scalby School in Scarborough and both our secondary and primary schools are judged ‘good’ by Ofsted. We have made sure that our staff are our greatest resource and we have invested in both our teaching and support staff teams, which has placed us in a good position to meet current educational challenges.
In a newly created role we are looking to appoint an astute and highly motivated Finance Manager to join our developing Trust and work with our new Finance Director.
• Manage budget monitoring, budget setting, payroll, and finance systems.
• Provide operational and strategic financial support for the Trust in conjunction with the Finance Director.
• Manage the MAT finance team in order to provide efficient, value for money financial services to the Trust’s schools.
• Work with the Finance Director to design and implement central finance structures and systems
• Have experience of change management.
• Support the Finance Director in ensuring compliance with financial guidelines and requirements for the Department for Education.
As we move towards making sure we have the right support functions in place you will be supported in your role by two part time finance officers, our new Finance Director and key colleagues at Scalby School. This will allow you the time to be strategic, visionary and lead and manage in a role where no two days will be the same.
We actively welcome interest not just from experienced colleagues within education but those with a strong financial background from other sectors
What we can offer in return:
• An excellent opportunity for a finance colleague to shape a new role in a new trust which we believe is career defining
• The opportunity for training and development – both through within the trust and access to finance networks across the coast and the Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area.
• School and trust colleagues who will support you and make you proud to work in education.
Join our trust and make a real difference to our children and your career in an area that offers so much! To arrange a visit to the school and to organise a call with David Read the CEO please contact James on the details below.
The date of commencement for this post will be in as soon possible with a view for our new colleague to start in post in September 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 24th June 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit or for an Application Form please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 9am Monday 17th June 2019
Scalby Learning Trust is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aims to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.