Senior Housing Solutions Officer
Job 1: Permanent
Job 2: Temporary to June 2020 due to funding
Job 3: Temporary to Sepember 2019 due to funding
You will be responsible for liaising directly with customers to provide creative and innovative solutions to resolve customer’s housing needs and problems appropriately. You will ensure that customers receive an excellent service and are dealt with efficiently and appropriately through the provision of a high quality and value for money service. Responsible for the day to day supervision of staff within the team you will be supported in your role by a Team Manager.
You will establish and maintain a wide range of positive working relationships and will have excellent customer service skills. You will be expected to demonstrate your skills in mediation, negotiation and communications to achieve satisfactory outcomes. Your knowledge of a range of housing related legislation will be key.
You will need to have an understanding off the issues facing young people particularly in relation to accessing and maintaining accommodation. You will be required to have an in depth knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation and will be committed to working to prevent homelessness.
Requirements for this role include:
- Ability to empathise with service users whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- An understanding of the principles of staff management.
- A broad understanding of current housing and related associated issues.
- Ability to use computerised systems and procedures to maintain accurate records.
- Awareness of the principles of project management.
- An in depth understanding of welfare and other housing related benefits.
- Ability to travel to and from sites by car or public transport (exceptions can be made for disabled applicants).
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
For Jobs 2&3, if you are applying for a job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed Secondment Permission Form, signed by your manager. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Description. CV’s will not be accepted.